Monday, April 5, 2010

Garden

I spent last night in the garden.

I have a garden.  Vegetables and fruits, planted for a future harvest... as long as my brown thumb doesn't kill everything.  Hoeing, weeding, watering, planting, I got a few things in before night fell and before I ran out of materials.  I need fertilizer and some small pots to start the tomatoes and peppers inside the house.

We also constructed a fire pit for cool summer nights outside to enjoy a beverage by the fire in the great outdoors.  We christened it yesterday.  Took awhile for the damp logs to get burning, but the pyro inside of me was satisfied.

At the end of the day, walking to the bedroom, and immediately changing my mind to take a shower once I really smelled myself, I felt fulfilled and accomplished.  If your hands and feet and clothes and hair aren't covered with dirt, mud, grass stains, and small cuts and bumps... then you may or may not be living life to the fullest.  I suggest trying it some time.

After clean me put her head on the pillow, I slept the sleep of the weary and warm hearted.  No insomnia to haunt my midnight like normal.  Just peace.

 Today will be the sleep of the weary and bedraggled student.  Tomorrow I will be in the sun again.  Oh how book learnin' gets in the way of my education.

  Felknor Ventures 82506 Topsy Turvy Upside-Down Tomato Planter

No comments: