Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A Word of Thanks

A few of you read my "Happy Birthday" post and commented.  A few of you sent me private emails, thanking me for writing it, telling me your own stories of loved ones lost.  It is amazing to me how we are all drawn together as a human race and species by these small moments, these shared experiences.

We rush through, day to day, seeing ourselves as so different from the ones around us.  But none of us are really that different.  Deep down, we are all the same.  We all love, we all hurt, we all have opinions, we all want our voices to be heard.

We all live.  We all die.  We all want something from this life other than pain.  We all hold on to those precious to us.  Inside, we are all the same.  Outside, our physical bodies and beings may be different.  But inside, all the same.

I thank all of you who read and enjoyed the letter to my Papa.  And I am glad so many of you feel the same way about your own family members or friends, and stop to talk with them during the day.

Peace out for now.

No comments: