Thursday, August 6, 2009

Day Second






















I am actually getting into this vegan thing wholeheartedly. Which, knowing myself, I did not think would happen this easily. It is a little known fact, but I am in fact a cheese-aholic. Yes, yes, I know. I should have entered the 12 step program a long time ago, but alas, I could never give up my obsession.


No dairy for vegans. Which is a little like "No sleep for the weary."

This morning I wanted a smoothie. And again, no dairy for vegans.

I went online though, and found a simple and easy recipe for almond milk, almonds which we have a plenty in the pantry.

So my smoothie contains the almond milk, a little pure vanilla extract, a 1/2 tsp. of wild honey, blueberries, and raspberries.

And you know, its pretty great. I'm still not sure about drinking the almond milk on its own, but it works well in cooking.

Ahhhhh.... Now I shall sit on the veranda, enjoying my almond milk smoothie in the fog, and wait for inspiration to hit this little writer.

No comments: