Thursday, August 6, 2009

Morning

Last night I went to sleep curled up with my chihuahua.

This morning, I awoke to the chihuahua in a ball at my side, a large grey and white cat across my knees, and a small orange kitten batting at my toes. Purring insanely as he played.

It was nice.

Everything seems kind of hopeless for me as of late. It has been bitterly hard to find work, and my bank account is suffering because of it. All I receive are rejection letters in regards to my writing. And school seems like this never ending battle, forcing me into a life of servitude.

Don't get me started about my love life.

And then I wake up with these purring, sighing animals, and everything seems ok.

It's always a fresh start in the morning. No matter who you are, what you're doing, what is so bad about your life, every morning is another chance.

I just need to keep reminding myself that.

No comments: