Monday, March 22, 2010

PBR Classy



I really am a lucky girl. It took a damn long time, and kissing a lot of frogs along the way, but I have found a man that knows me better than I know myself. He knows when I need to left alone. He knows when I need someone to push until I spill my guts. He knows when I need to cry. And somehow he says the right things.

He's in Colorado again, for a couple weeks on business, but I was really grumpy when I found out. Mainly because I feel trapped in this little city, and he gets to fly all over the nation. I wanted a change of scenery too, and him being gone wasn't going to make things any easier.

So he texts me last Wednesday:
"When do you work this weekend?"

"Friday night. Off Saturday. Why?"
"You now have plans for Saturday and Saturday night. Stay open."
"Yes, sir."

But what in the world he was talking about, I had no idea. Well, Saturday morning we drove down to Chattanooga, TN for a mini vacation. Without even telling him, he knew I needed to get out of this house and away from the pets and the room mate and just be alone.

It was a great weekend, too. We walked all over the city, went to a Hubble IMax movie, and enjoyed each others' company. Saturday night, we even found this amazing bar/restaurant called "The Pickle Barrel". I really wish I could stick that place in my pocket and bring it home. We are seedy, dirty, dark bar people. And this place was not only that (and served us PBR), but they had AMAZING food. I mean, I ordered a portobella mushroom sandwich on an onion bun with a pesto mayonnaise. Lord! We immediately decided that we would eventually open a place just like that one. Everyone needs an awesome pub. And who better than two Irish to open it? We were born for it!

Getting back to the hotel, and being us, we stopped at a gas station for a six pack of PBR to drink at the hotel and relax. I love being with this man. We get back, fill the sink with ice, and pack in the beer.

It was a good night. And I think I'll make it until next week when he returns.

I do have an entire 24 pack of PBR in the fridge to myself now. :D

3 comments:

Steve said...

you ought to check out the PBR brewery in Milwaukee if you are ever in that neck of the woods.

Stacey said...

PBR awesome!

Lenina Crowne said...

Yeah, I've not been to Milwaukee yet. But that should definitely be a stop.